The value of a strong parent group in an environment such as St Edmund's, is the support and encouragement parents can provide each other. The students at St Edmund's have many different challenges, and so the experiences of parents are often similar, and it is forums such as the parent group that provide an opportunity for parents to listen to each other, share challenges, and importantly learn from other’s experiences.
Parent Group objectives:
- To promote the aims and principles of the College.
- To provide an informal forum in which parents can express opinions and obtain feedback on matters relating to the spiritual, educational and social welfare of the College community.
- To assist in raising funds for the provision of equipment and teaching aids for the College.
Together with these objectives, the parent group aims to:
- Confer with the Principal, Deputy Principal, and teaching staff on matters of educational need.
- Give public expression to matters concerning Catholic education and Special Needs.
- Strive to build community within the College between parents, students, staff and provide ongoing education for parents.
These aims are achieved by:
- Parent group meetings held once per term.
- Providing regular guest speakers on topics of interest.
- Provide opportunities for social interaction and activities.
- Assisting with and supporting programmed fundraising events.
All parents and carers are welcome to attend the Parent Group. Parents meet in the staff room or Library at the College.
Parent Group Meetings for 2019
Term 1 : Monday 11 March 7pm
Term 2 : Monday 3 June 7pm
Term 3 : Monday 9 September 7pm
Term 4 : Monday 4 November 7pm